Applying makeup is an art in itself which can only be perfected if you are armed with the right set of makeup brushes. So if you are sensible in selecting your makeup brush set, attaining that perfect professional finish will not be a very humongous task. Since there are different areas to deal with during the makeup sessions, it becomes important that you use specific ones for specific purposes. The range of brushes available in the market can be baffling. However, if you exactly know the type of finish you want to achieve, making the right pick will not be very difficult.
Although you can very well settle for the inexpensive brushes that work almost as good as the branded ones, in the long run, you will be required to replace them more often, thus spending more money. Therefore, a natural fiber makeup brush set designed by a longstanding and reliable brand would be best for applying professional makeup. Given below is a guide on how to choose a professional makeup brush set.
- Opt for natural fibers
Natural fibers are considered the best, basically because they are made up of keratin which has a very good hold on the pigments and micronized particles used in cosmetics. They are also natural and hence skin friendly. Although the softest and the finest natural fibers come from squirrel hair, goat and sable hair are also equally effective while being inexpensive. However, if you are frequently using liquid cosmetics, using a synthetic makeup brush set would be more sensible as it makes the cleaning easier.
- Go for quality
You can either keep a look out for the brand of your choice so as to get all your brushes from that particular company, or you can also pick the best ones from each brand so as to get the maximum benefit with each choice.
- Brush shapes for base make up
For base makeup, you can either go for a flat brush or a dome-shaped brush. Although a flat brush is considered better for heavy coverage, they create a heavy drag on the makeup while also giving concentrated deposits on smaller areas. Without the proper blending and buffing, flat brushes fail to give an even coverage. A dome-shaped brush, on the other hand, gives a softer and graded coverage. They can also be used for accurate contouring along the trickier angles.
- Keeping separate brushes for different use
- If you are using a liquid foundation, go for a thickly packed flat brush with synthetic fibers, while a dome-shaped natural fiber brush would be ideal to be used with powder foundation.
- A concealer brush should specifically be kept aside for covering all the blemishes.
- A soft rounded brush of medium size should be used for applying bronzer, compacts or loose mineral powder.
- If you are applying blush, then do so using a fine blush brush.
- Highlights, shading, and contouring should be done using a face contour brush.
- A thin flat brush with angled tip is the best for creating the perfect eyebrow arches.
- Thin brush with a fine tip should be used for applying lip colors.